Learning & Development Officer
Regional Learning and Development Officers
Location: Home based – across a number of regions
We are seeking to recruit six full time Learning & Development Officers, with a proven track record in learning and development, you will be part of a learning network within the Discipleship and Evangelism Cluster of The Methodist Church. The roles will be home based working as part of a regional team, supported by a Regional Coordinator in one of our three regions, as follows:
- 2 x in South West & Bristol (working across the area – initially aligned to the Plymouth & Exeter District or Bristol District)
- 1 x in West Midlands (working across the area, initially aligned to the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury District)
- 3 x in North West & Mann (working across the area – initially aligned to the Chester & Stoke District or the Lancashire District or the Manchester & Stockport District)
The team covers a wide range of learning and development areas within the life of the church, aimed at supporting and encouraging the church in living out ‘Our Calling’ The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Christ and to live out its discipleship in worship and mission’ and can be called upon to deliver support across the Connexion.
The role includes:
- Preparing and delivering a range of learning and development activities, events and initiatives
- Meeting with colleagues to plan, develop and review programmes of learning and development
- Building good relationships with aligned Districts and regions, individuals and communities across the church and beyond
- Sharing individual gifts and experiences across a number of teams and other groups
- Requires travel, weekend and evening work
Successful candidates will join a GB-wide network of learning and development professionals – the Learning Network.
If you’re passionate about helping to further the mission of our churches, circuits and districts, then we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018 12 noon
Interviews: will be held as follows:
The link below will provide additional information about the role that will help with your application.
South West and Bristol
Interview Dates – 11 & 15 June